Thursday, January 22, 2009

Prayers For My Mother

I have been blessed with amazing parents, and for that I will be forever grateful. New Years Eve we found out that my mom has stomach cancer, and it has made for a very emotional start to 2009. Thank you everyone for your prayers, because we know that God is answering them. Yesterday my mom went in for surgery to remove the cancer from her stomach, and it was very successful. She is recovering nicely and was even able to walk today. We will find out soon if she will still need chemo.

This is a picture of my beautiful mom with Carly this last Sunday.


Fear is like the clouds that veil the earth from the sun. Faith is like the morning rays that break when night is done. And though the fear inside me says that all my hope is gone, Faith in heaven lifts me up and shouts I've just begun.

"Forward With Faith" by Jon Schmidt

5 comments:

The Wellman's said...

I am so sorry Jonelle! Is there anything that I can do? We will keep your mom and the rest of your family in our prayers.

heidi said...

ah.... your mom, it's been so long since i've seen her, she is an amazing woman. i hope and prayer all will be well

Angela Fuller said...

Jonelle I love that picture of mom and Carly. They are both so beautiful!! I miss you guys. I hope to visit soon. Give mom a hug for me.

Britt said...

Hey I found you. Jonelle I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep you all in my prayers. I am glad to hear it was operable. Keep positive.

love ya.

Britt Haggard

Anonymous said...

Oh Jonelle, that is so scary, I am glad the surgery went well. I can't believe how young your mom looks. She is gorgeous! I will definitely keep her in our prayers, I know the fear that comes from learning someone you love has cancer, I am so glad they caught it in time. How is Carly doing?