Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Carly's 3rd Birthday

Carly turned three this month and I can hardly believe it. She is getting to be such a big girl. It is exciting to watch her grow and develope, but a big part of me misses her as a baby.
With her hearing aid and cochlear implant she is starting to speak more and more each day. It is such a miracle to hear how a deaf child can speak so clearly with the help of today's technology.

If I stub my toe or look sad, Carly will come up to me and say "Mommy opay?" for "Mommy, are you okay?" She also hasn't quite figured out the correct way to use certain phrases. I praise her often and say, "good job, Carly" and now whenever she wants to praise someone, she'll tell them, "good job, Carly!" And it probably shouldn't surprise me that one of the words that she learned quickest and says so clearly is "candy". She has a big sweet tooth, just like her daddy.

3 comments:

heidi said...

she's beautiful! and so awesome that she's talking more and more

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is three, my goodness, she is so beautiful! I can't wait for her to begin the regular preschool program, it is amazing how once they are there everyday for the full school day how quickly they just take off. How are you feeling??? I am so excited for you to have your baby! Give Carly a birthday hug from me!

Laura Mortensen said...

I love this post! Megan used to call her "Cargy". Isn't it funny how kids can so easily identify candy?! She's so cute!